Friday, September 25, 2009

Brilliant ideas, a shopping spree, and a table

It's a lot easier to update this with pictures that I take on my phone, just overlook the lousy quality :)

After physical therapy today we went on a shopping spree. Here's the loot:


(Since tooth #6 came through this week, Maya hasn't been eating well, so we needed to pick up some of her favorite baby food, Apple-Turkey-Cranberry. Three stores later we finally found it, so we bought 21 jars. Plus a bunch of other food. Yum.)

We need to redesign her play area. Problems are: there are no steps or different heights that she can climb on, none of her toys are tall enough that she is motivated to stand and play, and she has too many toys available, so it's hard to get her to focus on anything. Today I came up with some crafty solutions!

I broke apart her old alphabet mat and stacked the sections, then taped them together to create a foam platform. Maya helped by un-stacking them and ripping off tape:



Finished project:


Then I took some plastic drawers, taped the doors shut and taped the stack together. This will be the perfect height for a table:



Then Maya & I went to KIPP's happy hour. As we were leaving, I noticed that someone was throwing away this table outside of our building. Then (I swear) they had the SAME table at the bar. So I took this picture when we got home to text back to my friends who were still at the bar. Dave points out that the picture isn't that funny by itself, since I didn't take a picture of the one at the bar, but it still cracks me up.

No comments: