Wednesday, April 30, 2008

36 weeks, 5 days

I had my midwife appointment today and not much has changed. Still not dilated, baby is still very low. I was actually relieved not to have any real progress since last week . . . after hearing that the baby is a little small, I want it to stay in for a bit and grow!

My belly went from measuring 33 cm last week to 34 cm this week, so it's great that it's growing at the appropriate rate. It's still little (should be almost 37 cm) but at least it's growing!

Our next ultrasound is Friday. They'll be checking the fluid to make sure that the right amount is still there, and checking the blood in the placenta to make sure it's still working perfectly. I'm not too worried--the baby is SO active that I feel like the placenta must be bringing it a lot of nutrients and oxygen. I keep trying to tell it to settle down, stop burning calories, and fatten up.
They'll also do a nonstress test . . . hooking me up to a monitor for 20 minutes to watch the baby's heartrate and activity level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're getting so close!!!!!! i measured small both times and you know both kids were early and em weighed 7 lbs 9.5 oz and Collin was 8 pounds! i am sure waterset will bulk up!!! in the meantime enjoy some extra cupcakes!!! can't wait to hear about the ultrasound! i want to see more pictures!!!!!!!!!